Search found 15 matches

by keithmarsden
Mon Jul 27, 2026 5:55 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Anyone else feel like Cadillacs need extra TLC in this climate?
Replies: 5
Views: 45

Anyone else feel like Cadillacs need extra TLC in this climate?

I've had my Escalade for about three years now, and honestly, it's been a dream to drive, but I'm starting to notice little things that I didn't expect, like the leather on the dashboard feeling a bit drier than it should and some slight hesitation in the AC when it's really baking outside. I've ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jul 13, 2026 7:09 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.
Replies: 5
Views: 57

Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

I'm finally at the point with my car where I want to take the plunge and get a proper body kit installed, but I keep going back and forth on material choices. I've been looking at fibreglass options which are obviously way more budget-friendly, but everything I read says carbon fibre is the gold ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jul 13, 2026 6:01 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Can a scratch be buffed out or does it need a full repaint?
Replies: 5
Views: 63

Can a scratch be buffed out or does it need a full repaint?

I had a bit of a nightmare situation this morning, I came out to my car and found this long scratch running along the driver's side door that looks like someone's bag or belt buckle scraped against it as they were walking past in the parking lot. It's not super deep, I can feel it slightly with my ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jul 13, 2026 5:47 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: What's the real cost of maintaining a Rolls Royce outside of warranty?
Replies: 5
Views: 48

What's the real cost of maintaining a Rolls Royce outside of warranty?

So I'm in a bit of a unique situation where I have the opportunity to buy a 2017 Ghost from a family member at what seems like a very good price, and I'm seriously considering it because I've always admired these cars and the level of craftsmanship that goes into them. The thing is, I know that ...
by keithmarsden
Sat Jul 04, 2026 8:15 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: My Escalade's engine is ticking and I'm worried it's serious
Replies: 0
Views: 30

My Escalade's engine is ticking and I'm worried it's serious

I'm really hoping someone here can give me some advice because I'm starting to lose sleep over this. My 2017 Cadillac Escalade with the 6.2L V8 has developed this ticking noise that seems to be getting louder, especially when the engine is cold and first started in the morning. It sort of sounds ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jun 08, 2026 10:09 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Rough idle and hesitation – injectors or something else?
Replies: 0
Views: 27

Rough idle and hesitation – injectors or something else?

I've got a 2015 Wrangler JK with about 120,000 km on the clock and lately it's been idling rough when I'm stopped at lights, almost like a small misfire, but no check engine light has come on yet. Also feels a bit sluggish when I first press the gas from a standstill, especially in this heat. I've ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jun 08, 2026 8:00 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Oil spots on the driveway again – thinking of finally fixing it right
Replies: 0
Views: 34

Oil spots on the driveway again – thinking of finally fixing it right

I’ve got a 2016 X3 that’s been leaving little puddles everywhere for months now, and my regular guy said it’s probably the valve cover gasket or maybe the oil pan, but he’s too busy to dig deeper until next month. I’m tired of topping up oil every week and smelling that burnt residue after long ...
by keithmarsden
Mon Jun 08, 2026 7:54 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Starting a small chemical blending operation in Sohar, any local tank suppliers?
Replies: 5
Views: 52

Starting a small chemical blending operation in Sohar, any local tank suppliers?

Just signed a lease on a small warehouse in the Sohar industrial area and I'm piecing together my setup for blending industrial degreasers and detergents. I've been trying to find IBC Tanks in Sohar that are UN approved for holding concentrated raw materials like surfactants and acids before ...
by keithmarsden
Fri May 22, 2026 10:46 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: Looking at a used Jeep Wrangler in Ras Al Khor – should I get it inspected first?
Replies: 6
Views: 67

Looking at a used Jeep Wrangler in Ras Al Khor – should I get it inspected first?

I've been searching for a clean 2018 Wrangler for weeks and finally found one that looks decent cosmetically, but something feels off – the seller is really pushy and the service history is incomplete. I've heard horror stories about flooded Jeeps or ones with hidden frame damage, so I'm thinking I ...
by keithmarsden
Fri May 22, 2026 10:43 am
Forum: GENERAL
Topic: My BMW 535i transmission finally stopped slamming into gear – here's where
Replies: 1
Views: 50

My BMW 535i transmission finally stopped slamming into gear – here's where

I've been fighting a rough shifting issue on my 2014 535i for months – the ZF 8-speed would slam into 3rd gear especially when the car was cold, and no amount of resets or fluid changes at random garages helped. A buddy who works on BMWs told me to stop wasting time and just go to a proper ...