Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post Reply
keithmarsden
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 04, 2026 11:15 am

Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by keithmarsden »

I'm finally at the point with my car where I want to take the plunge and get a proper body kit installed, but I keep going back and forth on material choices. I've been looking at fibreglass options which are obviously way more budget-friendly, but everything I read says carbon fibre is the gold standard for fitment and durability, especially in this heat where fibreglass can sometimes warp or crack. I know a few guys who've gone with carbon and their cars look absolutely insane, but the price difference is pretty huge and I'm not sure if the extra cost translates into real-world benefits for a car that's driven daily. I'm also a bit nervous about finding the right workshop because I've seen some horror stories online about panels that don't line up properly or paint that doesn't match, and with carbon fibre I imagine the margin for error is even smaller . I've been looking around and trying to find a place that offers certified carbon fiber car kit installation in Abu Dhabi because I figure if they're certified, they'll actually know how to handle the material properly and won't leave me with gaps or mismatched finishes. If anyone here has gone down the carbon route, I'd love to hear whether you think it was genuinely worth the premium over fibreglass, and how the kit has held up over time in our summer heat.
haydeewicking
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:48 am

Re: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by haydeewicking »

Depends what you mean by worth it. Real carbon looks great, but plenty of "carbon" kits are just a wrap over fibreglass. Ask to see the weave up close before paying anything, because the price gap is where people get burned.
hayfawiddicombe
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:56 am

Re: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by hayfawiddicombe »

Went full carbon on my Charger about two years ago and I'd do it again. Panels still sit flush, no yellowing yet, and I park outside most days through July and August. Just make sure whatever you buy has a proper UV clear coat.
hazelwightman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:03 am

Re: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by hazelwightman »

Fibreglass warping in the heat is mostly down to cheap resin and thin layups, not the material itself. Good quality fibreglass with proper prep will outlast a badly cured carbon panel. Fitment comes down to the mould quality and whoever bolts it on.
hazelynwigfall
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:07 am

Re: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by hazelynwigfall »

Fitment horror stories are almost always the installer, not the kit. Take your time picking the shop, look at their finished cars, and ask how they handle paint matching on a car that's driven daily. That matters more than the material.
hediawigfull
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:10 am

Re: Has anyone here done a full carbon kit on their car? Wondering if it's worth the extra cash.

Post by hediawigfull »

Is this a full body kit or just lip, diffuser and mirrors? Because if it's the smaller pieces, carbon makes way more sense than going all the way. Also, is the car garaged at night or does it sit in the sun all day?
Post Reply